Wednesday, April 26, 2006

"Hey, Kitty"

One night this week Betsy woke up at about 4:30. As I was trying to rock her back to sleep she buried her head in my arm and began to quietly call, "Hey, Kitty." At least that is what it sounded like. She is in love with our cat suddenly and seems to be trying very hard to say "Kitty." It was impossible to be upset with her waking up at 4:30 when she was laying there in the dark cooing "Hey, Kitty." SO cute!

Last night she slept from 11 to 6:30, ate for 10 minutes and went back to sleep until 8:30! Then, she seemed sleepy again at 10:30 so I layed down with her and we both slept until after 1! Agh! Guess we both needed to catch up on some rest!

She's been sleeping for over an hour now...tired baby!

3 comments:

Karen said...

That is so cute! I can't wait to see her this weekend and hear her baby talk! Love...Mama

Molly D said...

I've had a lot of people tell me to let her cry it out, and sometimes, if she's just sort of whining, that works. But if she ramps it up to that hysterical, I'm-going-to-make-myself-barf crying then it just doesn't pay to let it go on because then she's really awake and no one is getting any sleep. Frankly, I just don't think she's a cry it out kind of baby. Maybe I'm just weak, but I just can't do it!

Heather said...

You won't ever regret getting up with Betsy...whatever time she gets up. I did not regret getting up with my first, but by the second, third and fourth baby...;) we get STRONG :) And for some reason the subsequent babies cry it out alot easier than the first. I love your pictures!! You are so blessed to have such a beautiful baby.