Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Call Upon the Lord

Today Betsy bumped her head on the table corner...it was right before naptime so she was rather fragile and burst into tears that the bump didn't really merit. I picked her up and she began wailing, "Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!" Thankfully she only hears the name of Jesus in the right context or I would have thought she was cursing! I had to laugh, but it also made me feel good that she's equating Jesus with comfort (I think she was saying that because we've been singing Jesus Loves Me at bedtime and so she associates that with being cuddled and comforted.)

We've been working on weaning her from her bedtime nursing and the other day when she was upset about it she whimpered for Daddy and then after a moment when he didn't come, she whimpered, "Jesus." She was hoping someone would come and make Mommy give in! ;)

Ah...out of the mouths of babes.

No comments: