Friday, October 07, 2005

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

THE GOOD (and some of the BAD):
Myron's parents spent Tuesday evening through this morning with us--their first time meeting their 13th grandchild! They were so helpful and gave Betsy lots of love. Grandma Ruth even made us a delicious pumpkin pie out of acorn squash...I didn't know you could do that! They also saw us through Betsy's roughest evening ever. I think I ate something that caused her stomach to be upset--she wailed all evening like she was in pain. We all took turns holding her and trying to make her feel better. BUT...that night she slept for nearly 6 hours! And yesterday she was content as can be and last night she slept from 11 to nearly 4 and from 4:30 to nearly 8! What a good girl!

THE BAD:
I had two migraines this week...sigh. And both of our cars had to go in to the shop...double sigh.

THE UGLY:
My ankle. I won't gross you out with a picture. On Monday afternoon Myron called to say he was on his way home with supper after golfing. I decided to go enjoy the afternoon sunshine and sit on the porch with Betsy and Gideon until he got home. As I was stepping out the front door I didn't catch the screen door since I had the baby in my arms and it slammed onto my ankle (the door, not the baby!). It really hurt, but I figured I just scraped it pretty good. I sat down on the step and looked at it and realized that it was way more than a scrape. By the time I got in the house, put Betsy down in her swing and grabbed a paper towel I was bleeding profusely and feeling very faint. I called Myron and probably scared him half to death...he raced home to find me sitting on the floor beside Betsy's swing, trying to comfort her (she was screaming) while I also tried to hold a towel on my cut while I tried not to pass out. Agh. Myron cleaned my cut (oops...I almost typed "Myron cleaned my but!"), bandaged me up and loaded me and Betsy into the car and took me to the emergency room where I got three stiches. Sigh...just what we needed...more doctor bills.

Oh well...life happens. My ankle is healing quickly and I had my 6-week postpartum checkup yesterday and the rest of me is doing well too. So the good is really good and the bad and the ugly are mostly just annoying. :)

Below are some pictures of Grandma and Grandpa Detweiler's visit! Enjoy!

No comments: