Thursday, October 12, 2006

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow?

We had the earliest measurable snowfall in recorded history here in Grand Rapids today! Kalamazoo actually got 4 inches! We got 1.6 officially. It's rather crazy that we still have impatiens blooming in our flower boxes and today they were covered in snow! Ahh...the joys of living in Michigan!

One of the not-so-joyous parts of having kids has settled upon our household this month...bad cold after bad cold after bad cold...

Betsy and I had colds two weeks ago and just as we were both back to normal we get sick again. We are sicker this time...major coughs and my head feels like it's going to explode from all the sinus pressure. We may have to go to the doctor tomorrow. I always hesitate to go to the doctor with cold symptoms because most of the time you end up paying a $10 copay for them to tell you that you have a cold and to rest and drink fluids. But my cough is starting to get that deep chest feeling of bronchitis...ugh.

Betsy seems to get to feeling better about this time every evening...she's running around clapping and dancing and laughing right now. Just in time for me to feel completely exhausted and want to crash.

Sigh...

But how can you feel too bad when she comes into the living room with a framed picture and starts pointing out Mommy, Daddy and her newest word "Grandpa." So cute.

And then she pushes aside the baby gate on the bottom of the stairs and starts climbing her way up the stairs to get Daddy who is shaving in the bathroom. Not so cute.

I'm tired.

And it's snowing again.

And I have to blow my nose.

Ugh.

Enjoy these pictures that I managed to take through my Sudafed haze...

1 comment:

Karen said...

Molly...I'm so sorry you are sick...we're really going to miss you this weekend! The snow is beautiful...I'll bet Betsy was fascinated. It's time to teach her to say Mamaw now! ;) Love...Mama