Monday, November 12, 2007

Betsyisms

Here are some random Betsyism that's I've been meaning to write down for awhile:

The other day we were watching some kids play soccer in the park and Betsy said, "Those kids playing Oscar!" Soccer, oscar...pretty close!

Tonight she pressed a circle into her playdough and showed it to me in amazement. Then she said, "I love circles" and held it to her face and hugged it with her eyes closed. Then she handed it to me and said, "For Mommy! A beautiful present." Talk about melting your heart!

She was asking for "nimps" the other day and I finally figured out that she meant "mints," which she can say, but I guess the sounds get a little mixed up in her brain sometimes.

She pulled a Kleenex out of the box the other day and shredded it (a habit she gets from the Detweilers--they have a paper tearing thing for some reason). Then she stuffed all the pieces back into the box and said quietly, "Good night, boogers."

Everytime the commercial for Animal Planet's Wild 100 comes on Betsy has to do this funny dance...she is quite the dancer these days!

I'm sure there are many more I'm forgetting...she talks all the time and I wish I just had a tape recorder with me every waking moment (or even at night...she slept with me one night while I was at Mom and Dad's and she talks quite big in her sleep as well!)

Yesterday we visited with my brother and his wife and Baby Jake for a few hours and after getting over her initial jealousy that Mommy and Daddy were holding someone else she had a very cute bonding moment with her new cousin. I was holding him and she sat on my lap facing him and they touched each other's hands. Jake smiled at her so big and she kept hugging him over and over. So cute.

Just now she put her hands in the front of her diaper and said, "I have to go potty." That's a first. We haven't started trying to potty train yet since we're moving, but I think she's going to be ready when we start.

That's all for Betsyisms for now! :)

No comments: