Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I'm old...

I spent last weekend at my alma mater, Grace College, in Winona Lake, IN, running around campus with my best buddies from back in the day (Jodi and Juli). Unlike 10 years ago we were not talking about boys or classes...mostly we were just trying to corral the 5 children we were dragging along with us! Oh how things change.


We spent the week before the reunion weekend at Mom and Dad's house. Here's Betsy cuddling with Grandma and Grandpa.


Betsy walking down the path to my old dorm and dining hall...surreal!



Betsy checking out all the letters on the rock...I bet if you scraped all the paint off it would be about half this size since it's been painted on for a long, long time!


Betsy in front of my old home, Alpha Hall, holding an "orange" (it was a walnut but she insisted that it was an orange).



Enjoying a swing in the beautiful fall sun. What used to be the slums of Winona Lake when I was in school is now a beautiful artist's village with pottery and woodworking shops, little cafes and coffeehouses. I would have gotten a lot less studying done if this would have been around when I was there!


Our combined gang posing on a sculpture down by the lake. Isaac and Eli Dodd (Jodi's boys), Beau and Tyler Eckel (Juli's boys) and the lone gal, my Betsy.

Betsy and Eli reading some books together. We found a bookshelf full of kids' books in the hallway of the Education/Art building.



Cookies and milk after swimming at the hotel (the staff at the Holiday Inn Express in Warsaw was great ...stay there if you're going to Warsaw!)

Betsy chatting with Eli and Isaac's Grandma Rose who joined us for her 40th reunion!

Posing for Aunt Jodi


Beau, Juli and Tyler

Cuddling

Betsy settling in for the night with some raisins, Pink Kitty and Thomas on her new portable DVD player (but she's not spoiled or anything...) ;)

No comments: