Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Funny Girl

Here are some more funny moments with Betsy that I've written down lately. She cracks me up every day!

She told me a bedtime story one night: "There were angels in a beautiful castle and there were butterflies and moths flying in the sky!"

One of our new neighbors had a really over-the-top Christmas display with every character even slightly associated with the season. Betsy loved it and asked every day to "Go see Baby Jesus and the candy canes!"

She was drawing at the kitchen table with the sunshine streaming in on her and she smiled and said, "It's fun to color in the sunshine."

A shopping center near us has big water fountains at the entrance that Betsy loves. A couple days after we went there we went to the grocery in another shopping center. Betsy kept pointing out the fountains (that weren't there). Myron said, "There's no fountains here, you're silly."
Betsy said, " 'At's not silly, I jus' 'tendin'." (That's not silly, I'm just pretending.)

While I was changing an especially stinky diaper I said, "Whew, that's a nasty one!"
Betsy said, "Poo is nasty, but kissing is great!"

She was pretending to talk on the phone:
"Hello?" [Pause]
"Uh-huh. Yes." [Pause]
"Wow, that's pretty cool." [Pause]
"Yes. Okay." [Pause]
"I love you. Bye."

We've been teaching Betsy what state she lives in. We asked, "Where do you live?" She promptly declared, "In a barn!"

Betsy had a straw while we were eating at a restaurant and she placed it sideways to her lips and said, "I'm playing the picciolo!" [We read an alphabet book a couple times where P was for picciolo and she remembered and even observed the right way to hold it!]

For some unknown reason Betsy calls the chocolate truffles we got for Christmas "Leekin, Lockin, Looks."

Betsy likes to savor her candy and will hold it and lick it for an hour. I asked her once, "Are you going to eat that candy or just hold it?"
Betsy: "Hold it." [Pause] "I'm a silly, silly girl."

She asked for a snack by saying, "I need something for my mouth."

A few days after visiting the aquarium she layed down on the floor with her feet and hands in the air and said, "I'm a sea nem-o-nee!" [anemone]

Betsy spontaneously piped up after dinner last week: "B is for Betsy...and buffalo!" She knows the sounds that these letters make now and can sometimes name a word that starts with that letter: B, F, G, J, K, L, M, P, Q, R, S, T, W

Yesterday while typing an email I hit a wrong key and said, "Shoot." Betsy looked at me and said, "Mommy, are you lost?" (She's been in the car with me too many times when I said the same thing because I was lost!)

Betsy asked me to take the paper wrapper off of her crayon. Then she held it up with a wry smile and said, "This crayon is NAKED!"

It's a laugh-a-minute here! :)

1 comment:

Joel said...

She is too funny. What a little personality. I can only imagine where the precociousness will go when she gets older!