Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The Best Things in Life ARE Free

One great thing about being pregnant is that people like to offer you free things--lots of free things!

Number one is advice, which I am NOT resenting in the least. The farther along I get the more I realize how much I don't know. I've received so many good tips that it really helps me feel slightly less like a parenting moron! :)

In addition, in the past few days I have received offers for the following:
Maternity clothes to buy cheap, borrow, or outright have
A free copy of What To Expect in the First Year (follow-up to the ever popular What to Expect When You're Expecting)
An exersaucer! (This great play center for babies who can't quite walk yet, in case you don't know baby lingo)
A brand new around the head padding thing to keep your newborn's head from flopping around in the car seat
A cheap, only slightly used crib
A bassinet to borrow
A body pillow for me and my expanding belly

And this doesn't include the gifts I've already received even months before my first shower!

Thanks to all...I feel special! :)

P.S. Tomorrow is ultrasound day! First baby pictures here we come!!!

1 comment:

Joel said...

Hey, at Christmas I was talking to Gary, and he said that those exersaucer things are really bad for babies spinal cords or something, that a lot of them end up with some kind of back problems because of using those. I can't remember exactly what he said, but I'd ask him about it.

Cool that you got free stuff though. :)