Tuesday, April 05, 2005

My baby's high on Peach Iced Tea

Okay...so I'm feeling like a bad mom already and the baby is 5 months from actually being born...

Went out to dinner with girlfriends last night (beforehand they guided me through the strange and wonderful world of Babies R Us and helped me know what I need to register for! What a fun time!). I ordered a Peach Iced Tea. I'm allowed to have one serving of caffeine a day so I thought nothing of it. I also thought nothing of the fact that the waiter kept refilling my glass. Oops...more than one serving there.

Well, not only was I pretty wide awake until 2 am, baby was bouncing off the walls of my womb! I mentally apologized to the little one--I mean how do you let off steam when you're 5 1/2 inches long, hopped up on caffeine, and living in a space the size of a grapefruit. On the positive side, Daddy got to feel a definite kick last night for the first time. THAT was super cool.

But I still feel bad...need to watch that Peach Iced Tea intake, don't I, Little One?

By the way...as you can see, I keep forgetting that this baby, just because he/she is living inside me, can't actually read my thoughts. It is supposed to be able to hear my voice by next week so I'm going to have to start actually talking out loud to it! :)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You make me laugh! I can't wait to buy the baby stuff on your registry!!