Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

I managed to see both my Mamas this Mother's Day week! Betsy and I made a quick overnight trip to my mom's to go to the Mother Daughter Banquet with her at her church (I hadn't been to one of those since I was in high school, probably!)


Mom, Betsy and I


The best Mother's Day gift ever.


Betsy's new favorite toys...a rubbery lizard and frog from the Dollar Store. Grandma knows what our girl likes!


On Saturday we all headed over to Orrville, OH to spend the weekend with Mama Detweiler. We had a really nice time. On Sunday Myron and his oldest brother Conrad cooked a wonderful dinner for us moms and we shared it at the community center at Mom's retirement village. We had a delicious glazed ham, mashed potatoes, a gourmet mix of green beans, asparagus, yellow peppers and black olives courtesy of Conrad (who really should be a chef...he's makes some amazing food!). It was delicious and I stuffed myself!

The whole gang chowing down!


Betsy, Grandma Ruth and I before church.


Betsy all dressed up for church and doing some drawing.


Oh, Grandma! Happy Mother's Day!


Grandma Ruth with sister-in-law Kathy's parents, the Witmers.


Kathy reading her Mother's Day card from her 5 wonderful kids.


My pretty girl



Conrad and Mom relaxing after a big meal.


Pretty niece Hannah...I caught her making a funny face!


Handsome nephew Jonathan

No comments: