Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sign of the Times...

Betsy and I just got back from the playground (where we met a bunch of cute kids who readily introduced themselves and told us all about their favorite everything...while their moms didn't even say hi. I actually tried to strike up a conversation with a couple of the moms but they just sort of smiled uncomfortably and went back to chat with their own friends. Sigh. Do I stink?!).

I had to crack up as we were sitting there playing in the sand in the shade of the slide and nearby two preschool boys were having this conversation:

Boy 1: I'm allergic to grass.
Boy 2: Yeah, me too.
Boy 1: My cousin is allergic to peanut butter AND grass.

I know that I NEVER had a conversation about what I was allergic to when I was 4 years old!

Betsy is probably going to be allergic to swings now...she fell off of it twice. Thankfully there was lots of sand underneath, but she landed pretty hard on her back and bumped her head the second time. Nothing a cool washcloth, some ice cold apple juice, and cartoons can't heal though.

2 comments:

Heather said...

LOL...oh this was too funny, yes, "sign of the times"...lol

Karen said...

Molly...I love seeing all your photos. I hope you can make some good friends there in your neighborhood soon. I miss you all so much...I hope you can get up to see us soon. Lots of love...Mama