Wednesday, June 04, 2008

More Funny Stuff from Our Gal Betsy

Here are some recent gems from our funny little girl:

Betsy does some funny pretending when she doesn't know you're listening...it's quite entertaining. The other day she was in the bathtub and I sat outside the door and wrote down what she said:

"Little girl? Little girl named Betsy, where are you? Here I am, over here, making tea for your birthday. Wow! That's a lot of tea for me!"

"For this recipe I need more blueberries. It's a yummy blueberry pie."

"Red crayon, go up ahead and see some more fish! Whee! Whee!"

"My buggy-wuggy wants to teach us a dance! Step one--wooo! Great job!"

Singing: "I'm the est-i-best!"

**********************************
Betsy found a penny in the front yard.
Me: You're really good at finding pennies!
Betsy: I know! It's like magic, actually!
**********************************
Betsy folded a piece of paper in half and dropped coins through the fold. She showed me and said, "I have to teach you something. It's pretty cool."
**********************************
She said that she was the cow jumping over the moon. Then she said, "I falled on it. I smushed it. I better make a new one."
**********************************
While taking a walk in the woods Betsy said, "This is fantastic!...Fantastic is Spanish for hello."
**********************************
Betsy gave me a big hug and said, "And the story is, Mommy and Betsy lived happily ever after."
**********************************
Her marker wasn't working so she held it up to me and said, "I don't think this marker is feeling very well today."
**********************************
She was leaning on the side table and lifting her feet off the floor and she said, "I'm good at pretending to fly like an angel."
**********************************
While at Home Depot buying paint: "That sign says, 'Do not paint the bathroom black.'"
**********************************
While I was praying before supper Betsy interrupted me in a whisper and said, "And thank God for the caterpillars."
**********************************
Betsy asked for Life cereal for breakfast. "Life jacket and Life cereal...they rhyme!"
**********************************
I said something to Gideon and Betsy thought I was calling her Gideon. She said, "I'm not Gideon. I'm Betsy. I have a blue shirt...and a face...and a nose."
***********************************
And finally...
Last night we spent a good half hour sitting underneath the basement stairs listening to the tornado sirens blare while some really nasty thunderstorms came through. Betsy was pretty scared. Once it had passed and we got her into bed Myron went to say goodnight. She was nearly asleep but said to him, "Thank you for keeping me safe from the storm."

Precious little gal.

3 comments:

Joel said...

Those are AWESOME! I particularly liked the "fantastic is Spanish for hello" line, that's just so random it's great.

Free In Christ said...

That is too funny. I love it that you keep writing down the things she says I sure wish I'd on that with my boys. I used to think that I'd remember, but I've already forgotten alot of them.

Karen said...

I loved that! She is such a creative thinker! Thanks for sharing all of those...it really made my day! Love...Mama