Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Betsy is One Month Old...and Mommy's Just Plain Old!

Betsy is now a whole month old! Wow...that went fast! She gave us her first real smile on Sunday when Daddy was talking to her. She is definitely a Daddy's girl already. She's also holding her head up a lot more and seems to be looking with interest at the world around her. She is especially fascinated by the fish toys that hang on her swing since they are translucent and catch the light. It is so fun to watch her discover and grow each day.

I had a milestone of my own yesterday. I turned 31. What a year it has been! I had a very nice birthday thanks to my wonderful husband. He bought me some beautiful peach roses, a bag of Milano cookies, a bottle of my favorite wine (which I will only have a little of, I promise!) and the book "Captivating." It's written by the same guy who wrote "Wild at Heart" and his wife and it is incredible. It's all about finding the heart that God created in you as a woman and how to see His glory and image in your identity as a woman. It's not another one of those "how to be the Proverbs 31 woman" books that make you feel guilty. It's all about discovering your uniqueness and finding joy in who you were created to be. I really needed to read that right now since my identity has changed so drastically in the past month!

Also yesterday our friend Mark brought over his gift for Betsy...a beautiful oak bookcase that he made himself! What a special gift! Myron is staining it to match the crib and dresser today. I can't wait to get it in the nursery and fill it with all the books we've gotten.

Another great gift that's on its way is my friend Jodi from Oregon! She's coming to see me in about 3 weeks! Yippee!!

And finally, yesterday, I got a summons for jury duty! That's a first for me. I am sending a letter asking to be excused, though, for obvious reasons! Unless they want to put Betsy on the jury too so I can breastfeed during court proceedings, I don't think that would work! :)

My parents still haven't heard anything about the job Dad interviewed for and they are feeling rather frustrated. Keep praying for them during this time of uncertainty.

Well, my little one month old princess has awakened and is wondering where her lunch is! Coming, your highness!

1 comment:

Jodi Dodd said...

Mo,
I can't believe Betsy is a month already! My time has gone by quickly. I'm glad she is smiling now, so you have a reward for all of your hard work! Happy Birthday! We love you! Love, Jo