Sunday, January 01, 2006

What a difference a year makes...

One year ago today I looked at a little plastic stick that I had just peed on and discovered that I was going to be a mother. Since then the whole world has changed...

I went through 4 months of varying degrees of morning sickness

I had about three months of feeling pretty good, watching my belly grow, and feeling that little peanut inside me get stronger and stronger.

I had a few more weeks of feeling like I might explode at any moment, coupled with high blood pressure and partial bedrest

One long day of labor that was mercifully masked by an epidural, two hours of fruitless pushing and then a c-section

My first glimpse of my child was a purple screaming little person who was hanging on for dear life to her umbilical cord while her Daddy exclaimed with joy, "It's a girl!"

A couple weeks of walking around gingerly while my body healed.

A good three months of feeling exhausted due to 4 AM feedings.

Moments of joy, fear, frustration, confusion, wonder, awe, love, tears, laughter...every emotion in the book, sometimes all at the same time.

Wow...I can't believe that a year has passed and now I'm already 4 months into motherhood. What an incredible ride so far. What incredible things are yet to be...

3 comments:

Caddius said...

Wow Molly, I am so happy for you guys, I can't say I really know what you went though and I don't envy it at all. Congrates once again, God has blessed you with a beautiful girl, who I know will be loved all her life.

I am Z said...

has it been a year??? geez. feel like we all went through this with you. the little peanut is beautiful!

peace to you and myron,
zayne

Heather said...

Molly, thank you so much for visiting my blog!! I so enjoy seeing your little angel's pictures on your mom's blog!! I will add you too!! God Bless you and yours!!-Heather