Tuesday, July 19, 2005

BP Woes

So at my last dr.'s appt. about a week and a half ago, but blood pressure was 140/90--which is the threshold for pregnancy induced hypertension. The doc told me to monitor it during the next two weeks and let her know if I didn't feel well or if it went up. So I bought a little digital bp monitor and have been taking my readings morning, lunchtime and in the evening. It was nice and normal all last week so I was reassured that my high reading was just white coat syndrome. But then the readings started inching up and yesterday my morning reading was 141/88 and I did not feel well at all. I called the doctor this morning and she wants me to take it really easy until my Friday appt. I've been laying around most of the day today and my readings have been going down so that's a good thing. I'm having some major Braxton-Hicks contractions though whenever I get up--I feel so tight--like I'd pop like a balloon if you stick a pin in me! I'm definitely feeling better tonight than I have since Sunday night, though. Last night I kept breaking down in tears which I'm sure didn't help things much--I was just feeling so freaked out and uncomfortable. I'm just praying that a few days of rest will get things stabilized so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

In news of a more fun sort, we are getting our crib and changing table tomorrow! I washed a couple loads of baby clothes so I can put them away in the changing table drawers...it will be fun to get things set up and all ready! Plus, Myron steam cleaned the recliner that we found at a rummage sale this week and besides one missing button it looks like new! I fell asleep in it this afternoon too so I know it is comfy!

Well, that's it from hugely pregnant lady for now. I'm going to go lay down again like a good girl! :)

No comments: