Friday, July 15, 2005

Miscellaneous Stuff

I have no cohesive theme for today's post--just a list of various things that have happened since Monday:

Had a fun evening with my book club pals on Tuesday, even though I had to have fruit juice and sparkling water while everyone else had champagne punch. :) Those sweet gals brought baby gifts this month too! So many sweet, cute things!

Wednesday night I had my breastfeeding class. It made me feel very excited about having this baby and getting to bond with him/her in such a special way. It also made me realize how little I really know about the whole thing so I'm getting a book to read up on it in the next 7 weeks!

Thursday night was childbirth class and we got to practice baby care on these less than attractive dolls. We randomly selected one and when we practiced changing its diaper we discovered it was a boy...hmmm...wonder if that's a sign? :) It was pretty darn cute watching Myron practice bathing, changing and burping that doll. I kind of forget that he really doesn't have any experience with little babies since he was the youngest and he didn't babysit like I did. He's very willing to learn though...I know he'll catch on and be an expert papa really quickly! :)

Today on our way back from a very HOT walk with Gideon we stopped at our neighbor's rummage sale and bought a Lazy Boy recliner for $65 to go in the nursery! As cute as those glider rockers are, for comfort's sake I really wanted a rocker/recliner instead. This one is in a nice beige and just needs a cleaning which we can do with the upholstery attachment on our steam cleaner. Sixty-five dollars is a lot more in our budget than $500 or so for a new one! Yeah!

Tonight Myron is going over to Lansing to play in a Texas Hold 'Em tournament with my brother and I think I'll hit the mall and pick up a few birthday gifts for Myron (he'll be the big 34 next Saturday). I really need to be working on my last work project that is due Aug. 22, but it's a writing project and I'm struggling with some major writer's block...ugh!

We plan to get the crib and changing table next week so we can get the nursery all put together and ready...with only 7 weeks to go I'm starting to realize that we better get on the ball with that!! We also have to pick a pediatrician. So many things to do for such a little person! :)

So there you go...Molly's miscellaneous stuff. I know you wanted to know all that. hee-hee :p

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I hope you had fun shopping tonight! I've been working on school stuff for the fall semester.

patti said...

Feel free to call me with any breastfeeding issues. Especially in the first week, it can be nervewracking, b/c your milk doesn't come in how you would expect it to. Also, I have some lactation tea that I can give you. Stay relaxed! love, me