Thursday, June 09, 2005

Heading for the home stretch

I hit the 27 week mark yesterday so I'm about to enter my THIRD trimester. I have to say that so far it has gone really fast. I hear that time seems to slow down toward the end since you're so uncomfortable you feel like popping, but so far, so good!

Pregnancy symptoms at 27 weeks now include:

Acne (just call me Mrs. Craterhead...ugh)
Occasionally feeling either sad or irritable for no good reason (I've had very few mood swings during this pregnancy which is a miracle for someone as emotional as me!)
Trouble sleeping--even my gianormous body pillow isn't really helping. It's hard to get comfy when you feel like you have a beachball strapped to your front--a beach ball containing a hyper squirrel. :)
I have to pee about every half hour from the time I get up until about 2 or 3 AM. That doesn't help the sleeping problem either.
I'm eating like a pig these days!

The most fun "symptom" though is this gymnast of a baby flipping around all the time! This morning Myron rolled over and put his hand on my tummy and the baby was just going wild...it felt like it was pawing at me with a hand or pushing its little elbow out. Myron was fascinated and put his face down by my belly and asked the baby what it was doing. It immediately stopped moving! It knows Daddy's voice already! :)

What a miracle this is...we are truly fearfully and wonderfully made! I know that full well even more now!

1 comment:

My name is EVAN Prosserman. said...

I remember when I was in my Mommy's tummy and my Daddy sang to me- It made me really happy (even though my Daddy has a lousy voice).

When I was born, I recognized my Daddy's voice right away. I knew I was home.