Friday, August 12, 2005

August Baby?

Well...today's Dr's appt was interesting to say the least....

My blood pressure was 150/100 so I was officially diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypertension which stinks. Thankfully I don't feel bad or have any pre-eclampsia symptoms. They did a non-stress test (monitor the baby's heartrate and movement for about 20 minutes) and the Little One is doing fine so that's good.

The crazy thing is that I'm already 3 cm dialated, 100% effaced, and -1 station! And I haven't really felt much at all in the way of any major contractions! Dr. said that this doesn't necessarily mean Baby is coming early, but it might. She said that she did think that it meant that I wouldn't have a really long labor...which is very nice to hear!

Wow...I could be meeting this little one sooner than I thought...I'm excited! (Although I'm trying not to get my hopes up...I've heard of people staying at 3 or 4 cm for weeks.)

If you think about it, please keep us in your prayers--especially that my blood pressure won't become a serious complication. I'm supposed to take it pretty easy from now on so it looks like I'm settling in here at home for the most part until the big day. Whoa...I'm going to be a mommy! :)

1 comment:

patti said...

Ooh, the excitement is felt all the way over here! I will sand out prayers for you to have a fast and smooth labor. Try to relax, it will work better that way! Have fun, enjoy tyour birth (tell me all about it when you have the energy!)