Sunday, August 07, 2005

One month left

Today is August 7--due date for Baby is September 7--whoa! In one month, give or take, I will be a full-fledged Mommy! While I am nervous about a lot of things and know that this will be one of the hardest things I'll ever undertake, I am also overwhelmed with a sense of God's blessing on me. What a gift we've been given! I just can't wait to see this little one face to face!

I had Baby Shower #3 yesterday....man have we been spoiled by so many loving friends and family! We came home with another carload of great presents and my mom and I had a great time chatting and eating and celebrating with all my Michigan gal pals. (Thanks so much to Heidi, Laura and Dawn for putting on such a grand affair!) We have just a few final things to buy, but for the most part we are well-equipped and ready to get the parenting underway! :)

Baby continues to grow and grow (which means so do I!) and squirm around like--well, like nothing I can describe! Today during church it was jutting body parts out every which way and rolling around--causing me to run to the bathroom due to the baby head pressing on my bladder, not once, not twice, but three times in about an hour and a half. Silly baby.

Here are a couple pictures from my shower and one of my bulging belly to give you, my dear readers, a good chuckle. As my mom said when she came in the door this weekend, "Who's that fat girl who ate my daughter?!" She apologized for it all weekend...it's really okay, Mom...it WAS funny! :)


1 comment:

Wendy said...

I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you. It would have been more fun than driving all the way to Ohio for just a few hours!