Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Unplanned Doctor Visit

Well, I had a 164/97 reading yesterday morning so I called the doctor and they had me come right in. It was 160/88 when they took it, but thankfully went down to 130/80 when I layed down for awhile.

So...I'm on partial bedrest for now and I have to collect all my pee for the next 24 hours in this big orange jug so they can test it tomorrow for protein (an indicator of a condition called pre-eclampsia). I also have to have blood drawn tomorrow and have another non-stress test on the baby tomorrow morning. The doctor said once we have all that info we'll talk about whether it would be good to induce early or not.

So that's the story so far. Baby's heartrate has been great and it continues to move around a lot so all of this doesn't seem to be affecting him/her--which I'm very thankful for!

Honestly, I'm quite surprised at the peace I feel about all of it. I know that lots of people are praying so I am sure this falls into that "peace that passes all understanding" category that God is so good at.

Well, I've been up for an hour so it's probably time to go lay on my left side again like a good girl. Bedrest is boring. Thank the Lord this didn't happen earlier in the pregnancy--at least I know this bedrest won't last too long (and very soon I'll wish I could do it again when I'm not sleeping at all!) :)

No comments: