Friday, August 12, 2005

Is it possible that I might explode?

OK...so I am now entering that lovely last month of pregnancy and I'm beginning to understand why women are so glad to finally go into labor, no matter how painful it is. I feel like someone hooked me up to an air compressor and filled me to the bursting point--but not with air--with really big live squirrels. The baby continues to be as active as ever, but because it is so big now all it can really do is push against everything really hard. Sometimes I think its going to come bursting out of my belly button like something from Alien! Poor kid is getting really cramped in there!

I have much to be thankful for though when it comes to this pregnancy. I haven't had to deal with a lot of the symptoms that are common to most people (no swelling, no bowel issues, no stretch marks (so far), and very few major mood swings). Plus, Little One has always been reassuringly squirmy which is sometimes uncomfortable, but always fascinating and fun.

It's so amazing to realize that I'm only a month or less away from holding my very own child for the first time. I can't wait to meet this little person, see who he/she looks like, and start learning about his/her personality. What a privilege we've been given. I am continually amazed by this miracle God has blessed us with!

No comments: