Monday, August 22, 2005

Still waiting....

Well, here's the latest...

Had my third non-stress test today and baby is still happily squirming around and reacting well.

The 24 hour urine collection I did last week to check for protein was in vain... today at the dr. they told me that the lab cancelled the test for some reason and didn't do it!! Agh! So, I have to do that all over again starting tomorrow morning...that is SO annoying!

I've been seeing another Dr. in my practice since I've been going more often than once a week and today during my exam he said I am only 50% effaced and not 100% like my regular dr. said. Sigh... He stripped my membranes today too--which I was happy to have done if it will get me into labor--but boy, that doesn't feel nice at all! I'll let you look up the details of that nice little procedure yourself and not describe it here--that would fall into the too much information category!

So, unless I go into labor before then I go back again on Friday for another non-stress test and a biophysical profile (an ultrasound to check fluid levels and to make sure baby is still thriving). I get to see my regular doctor then too so that will be nice.

So...still I wait. Guess that's the name of the game at this point!

No comments: