Friday, August 19, 2005

Baby has a new cousin

My cousin Jeremy and his wife Heather had their little boy yesterday! :)

Jonathan Paul Loney
8 lbs 2 oz
21 1/4 inches long
Born August 18 at 9:34 pm, at home with a midwife, after only about 9 hours of labor!

That Heather is amazing! :)

My mom was really hoping that even though I am due 3 weeks after Heather that I would beat her to the big dance anyway. No such luck, Grandma! :p

Sigh...I would have liked that too...but I guess Baby will come when Baby is good and ready to come. Or when the doctor decides to induce me.

In other pregnancy news:
Couldn't sleep until 3 am this morning. Ugh. Myron has taken to sleeping in the guest bed so I can spread out with my one million pillows and snore to my heart's content. It stinks not being able to sleep with your own husband anymore! At least it's a temporary arrangment!

During my sleepless hours I have been reading "Great with Child" by a Calvin college prof about her third pregnancy--and about the mystical and spiritual side of it all as well. It's quite good and echos many of the things I've thought about and felt as I've gone through these past months. A good read.

Myron cuddled up with me and my big belly last night and prayed for me aloud. For peace and perseverance and for God to be very near to me in these last days before motherhood. It was so wonderful. HE'S so wonderful--a true gift.

Well, it's after noon and I've been up for a whole 45 mintues after finally falling asleep around 3. Sigh. I'm going to go try and get some more writing done on this project that is due Monday and see how far I can get. Send up some prayers for inspiration...I sure need it!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I pray for you continually...now I'll add inspiration to my list so you can get your project done.
I love you!
Mama